Monday, February 6, 2017

Happiness After Trauma

Happiness seemed like such an easy thing if you don't have to worry about remembering.
Memories can haunt you, especially when they are incomplete. 

I've been debating if I should write about this issue, or even tell anyone about it. 
The stigma, the shame, and guilt act like thick walls that trap me inside my little pathetic corner.
Something is trying to mute me, and that something, may be myself. 

After that incident, I decided that it is most important to take care of myself before attempting to take care of others.

Someday I might be courageous enough to write out the entire story, though it may never be complete because some monster decided to steal my memory away... I guess the key message in this is: take care of yourself. You deserve care and love, no matter how others try to hurt you and take things away from you. You deserve the good things in life, including love, happiness, and material things. It doesn't matter what bullies, or people with malicious motives do to you. What's most important, is how you take care of yourself, and how you respond to those malicious actions.

Yes, we know the system is broken. We know the drill about innocent before proven guilty. Please don't panic, because we also know that karma will get those who attempt to destroy others. We don't need to do anything other than taking care of ourselves, and trusting ourselves that one day, we will recover. We may not be the same as before, but it doesn't matter. We will be stronger, better, and more of a healer for others in need. It has happened. It may happen to anyone. We must prevent, and prepare for the worst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Retire Early: Barista FI/RE #shorts

via https://youtu.be/XzVc0-S0Pjs