Friday, July 20, 2018

SCORED MY FIRST HERMES KELLY FROM PARIS ON MY OWN!

Super frazzled right now but let me post some deets while it’s still fresh on my mind. 

I did the appointment system for 4 times without success, so when my first try didn’t go through, I decided to visit the other 2 stores everyday. This decision turned out to be correct (at least that’s what I did and it worked)

So for all those times I didn’t get an appointment, I actually showed up at the FSH store twice anyway just to try my luck (6/30, 7/2) and see if they could fit me in somehow. That didn’t work. FSH was basically so crowded that it wasn’t pleasant to shop in anymore. So, I moved on to the other 2 stores. 

George V store is usually my go to store since I knew an SA from 2 years ago. But, for some reason, George V seemed to be the busiest store out of the 3 H stores in Paris. Every single visit contained hours of waiting and rude customers playing voice messages or some random music out loud. Kinda depressing because George V is such a cute store and H shopping should be more pleasant IMO. It took me 3 visits before I could finally meet with my SA. Unfortunately, George V didn’t have BKC for all the days I went (6/29, 6/30, 7/2). According to the SA, most customers who got rejected from the FSH’s appointment system end up going to George V. That’s why George V is so crowded all the time. Since George V is already a smaller store to begin with, their stock is always really low. 

For all the days (6/29, 6/30 and 7/2), I also visited the Sèvres store. I like shopping there the most, because of it’s interior design and also the fact that things are more spread out- so there’s room to walk around and admire H art. There, I met with my SA from 2 years ago. I tried sending an email to her before my visit but didn’t get a response. So, I decided to show up in the store anyway and see if I can meet with her again. 

Let’s call the Sèvres store SA, “A” from now on to avoid confusion. 

I didn’t buy anything from “A” in my last visit, but I got the vibe that she is also the no BS, no games type - which I like. She doesn’t try to sell my anything that she doesn’t think suits me. 

In my first visit (6/29), I went straight to the “subject” asking about bags. Not surprisingly, there weren’t any, but she told me to go back on Monday (7/2). 

In my second visit (6/30), I went without an appointment with her, just to admire Hermès goodies, and ended up loving the Oasis white sandals. Another SA, “B”, helped me with that, when I saw “A” pass by. I felt so bad! I didn’t know she was working that day! Kind of felt like I betrayed “A”. So, after I put a reservation on my Oasis, I joined the bag queue to see my “A”, and tried on several things with her that day. I ended up putting a hold on some scarves and shoes, since I was going to visit her again on Monday, and would rather consolidate my VAT paperwork. 

Soooo... weekend aka Sunday felt super long without H, but I did a lot of damage at Le Bon Marche which is a different story. 

Here comes Monday (which is today). I got up early and went to the Sèvres store right at 10:25 (store opens at 10:30). There were already around 7 people in front of me. I was so shocked! So, I joined the queue and waited for “A”. I probably have the worst luck with queues, since I saw “A” pass by several time, and getting assigned to customers right in front of me. Didn’t even get to saw hi to her  anyway, I finally met with her this morning, but she said there were no deliveries today. If I hear these exact words from another SA, I’d probably have some doubt- but this is “A”, so I completely believe her. 

She then told me to come back later in the afternoon. I left my France number with her, and told her that I’ll be back for sure. 

Ok so it’s lots of waiting again. During those hours of waiting, I tried out a cute little cafe when it started raining lightly outside. Kind of romantic if you ask me. I also visited the other H stores. But as I’ve mentioned, I had no luck with the other stores. So, I went back to Le Bon Marché (which happened to be right next to the Sèvres store), almost did some damage at Gucci, and headed back to Sèvres 15 minutes before my appointment with “A”. 

Not surprisingly, Sèvres also has a long queue for bags, even at 5pm. So , I waited, waited and waited. It must be 5:35 ish when I finally met with her, because I literally only took 1 minute to look at her offer and decide. 

She met with me and went straight to the subject. No BS. No baits. She told me that there’s 2 bags that I might like. One is a K35, Togo, black with gold hardware. Another is a K28, blue with silver hardware. 

Here comes the decision! I know I like black with GHW, but it’s a 35, while the K28, is in SHW. 

The first thing I said to her after hearing the offers is “I really like black with GHW but I don’t know if a 35 would work for me”. She said, yes I understand, but you can try it out to see if it works. 

We went into the magic room, aka changing room  there, she carefully unwrapped the bag and I remained speechless the whole time. The entire times, there were a million voices in my head, saying “you like classic colors” and “but you already have a K28 in black and ghw” and “K28 is the right size for you”, “but it’s in SHW”! 

In the end, I went with what the SA showed me first - which was the K35, Togo, black with gold hardware. Surprisingly, it didn’t look obnoxiously large on my 5’4” frame. Does it look big? Yes. But it wasn’t as bad as I expected. I happily took the K35 without even seeing the K28. 

My only regret? Well it’s never seeing the K28. I don’t even know what kind of blue it was! But, as I asked to see the K28 after I paid for the K35, my SA looked for it for around 30 minutes (felt like a lifetime), and came back to tell me that it’s just been sold. 

https://youtu.be/d9jEsPdSEtk

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Retire Early: Barista FI/RE #shorts

via https://youtu.be/XzVc0-S0Pjs